Monday, August 27, 2007

Week 3, #5: Flickr

Well, after quite a gap, I am back and will hopefully finish before the end of
August! With Flickr, however, I'm afraid my goal of limiting myself to just the essentials and limiting my time pretty much dissolved.

I did see that tags are keywords by which to label your photos and make them more searchable. Similar to subject headings, but with out the relative consistency of LC subject headings that libraries use. Groups are categories to which users can add their photos, for example, Libraries, etc.

Once I started actually looking at the photos is when my time limitation goal disintegrated. For example, the Library Signage group has some cool ideas! ...and so many beautiful nature photos, people photos, etc. I just got caught up in them.

No comments: